Welcome to the Balwyn Junior Football Club.
Our home ground is located at Balwyn Park, corner Cherry Road and Whitehorse Road in Balwyn.
The BJFC participates in the Yarra Junior Football League, one of the largest junior leagues in Melbourne.
The Club fields teams from Tackers (Under 9's), right through to Under 14's.
For the 2014 season we had over 200 registered players participating across ten teams.
Our Club's aim is to provide young footballers with an opportunity to develop their skills and participate in a team sport in a safe, supportive and family environment. We encourage all players to be the best they can be regardless of their ability or gender.
Postal address: PO Box 347, Deepdene, VIC, 3103
Coaches for 2015
Before drop punts and speckies gives way to leggies & no-balls we would like to put out a call for coaches for next Season. Coaching Junior Football is rewarding and does not require an extensive football pedigree. A desire to postively influence each kids footy experience and an understanding of what is important to kids are the most valuable prerequisites.
1. Being able to commit the time required - training once a week and game day on Sundays
2. Attendance at Coach club training or information sessions (about twice a season)
3. Attendance all Club Family Nights and Presentation Nights - 4 or 5 a season.
4. Sign and adhere to the Balwyn JFC Coaching Charter - see our Website under Policies.
5. Sign and adhere to the YJFL Junior Coaching Charter - see YJFL Website
6. Have or get a valid Working with Children certificate
7. Have or get a Level 1 Coaching Accreditation (very easy 1 night evening course which the Club will pay for)
8. Look good in a blue or red bib.
Look forward to hearing from you, Daryl Lambert, Director of Coaching BJFC
Gala Night Sponsors
We would like to thank all the sponsors who contributed so generously to our Gala Night, they are as follows:
Goodlife, Dymocks, Colombo's, Mode Cosmetics, Trim'n'Tone Body Toning Studio, Bakers Delight Balwyn, The Athlete's Foot, Taste D'Vine Wine Merchants, MMI Kids, city & coast, Palace Cinemas, snow pony, Maple Homewares, Balwyn Bookshop, Curves Balwyn, Sidetracked Entertainment, EMC Snow Ski, Bendigo Bank, Tarantos Fruit, Flinders Golf Course, Essendon Football Club, Taste East, Heritage Menswear, Gazman, Egg Basket Deli, Hawthorn Football Club, Jane Noble, Timeless and Ageless, City of Boroondara, Leo's Food & Wine, Kew Traffic School, Red Ginger, Young Generation, Evolution Fitness Centre, Melbourne Symphony Orchstra and SHE Hairdressing.
Thanks also to our BJFC families who made generous contributions:
Clark Family, Weinlich Family, Ford Family, Keith Familiy & Amalfi Family.